Friday, April 16, 2010

My Own Personal Revolution.

"I'm drowning you out now..."

I think there comes a time in your life when you have to carefully take both of your hands and place them over both of your ears...and walk away. I think there comes a time when everyone elses advice means nothing and you have to listen to the voice whispering inside your heart. I think there comes a time when you realize that all of the advice you have been getting doesn't even fit YOUR life. I think there comes a time when being nice is the same as swallowing glass and you'd rather just say exactly what you're feeling and thinking.  I think that Time has come.

What am I talking about?  I'm talking about the pale face staring back at me this morning. I'm talking about the fussing baby as I walked out the door. I'm talking about my students blank faces as they stare at me wondering what the hell I'm talking about...and me thinking the same thing.

The Time has come for me to stop trying to make everyone else happy and to do what I feel is best. I'm tired of everyone handing out their opinions as if I even asked for them.  I'm tired of the fact that I have ACTUALLY been listening, like a fool who has no idea how to direct her own life.

"Every silver lining has its cloud...can I be yours now?" -TAT

I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.................
...........
.......
...
..
.
That felt...AMAZING.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I have had moments where I'm dying to throw in the towel. Sometimes it's so good to draw our boundaries like that...let's everyone know we're human too!

    ((hugs)) to you!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete